These comprehension questions and activities can be used as:
- comprehension analysis (confirming understanding)
- reader’s/writer’s notebook activities
- informal assessment
COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS – FICTION
- Who are the main characters in the audiobook?
- Where does the audiobook take place? (setting)
- What was your favorite part of the audiobook? Why?
- Did anything in this audiobook remind you of something that has happened to you?
- Who would you want to be friends with from the audiobook and why?
- Was there a funny part of the audiobook?
COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS – NON-FICTION
- What do you think the audiobook is going to be about?
- What is the audiobook mainly about?
- What did you like about it?
- Can you tell me any new words you heard in the audiobook?
- What do you remember most about this audiobook?
- Does this make you think of something in your life?
- Does this remind you of another audiobook?
• Retell the audiobook to another student or teacher
• Draw and name the main characters
• Draw 2 scenes of the audiobook
• Write 5 words you heard in the audiobook (or tell the teacher 5 words you heard)
• Act out the audiobook with a friend